The Art Of Surfing seven week Grom Squad Program kicks off on Tuesday 12th February in Mount Maunganui.
The weekly sessions will offer participants the chance to work on technique and competitive skills in a fun and safe environment under the guidance of The Art Of Surfing.
COACHING WILL INCLUDE
- Max group size of 8
- In water peak positing & wave selection coaching
- Surfing session with video analysis
- Identification and discussion of problem areas
- Instructions and training methods to correct surfing technique
- SmoothStar skateboard simulation training
- Equipment advice
- A copy of all your footage from the squad program
WHO CAN GO
Level 1 & 2 Surfers
The program is available to intermediate level kids aged between 10-12 years of age who have their own surfboard, catch their own waves and need no assistance in the ocean.
Each session will run at Omanu Beach Carpark, Surf Road Mt Maunganui over 1.5 hours from 3.30pm – 5.00pm. If the surf is too big for Omanu we will relocate at Mt Main Beach.
Each weekly session will be run by one of our fully qualified coaches;
Matt Scorringe – TAOS Head Coach
Alex Dive – TAOS Coach
Levi Stewart – TAOS Coach
WHAT TO BRING
For these coaching sessions, you need to bring what you would usually take for a surf.
- Surfboard with a good wax job
- Appropriate wetsuit for the weather
- Clothes to change into after surf session for video review
- Drinking water